Seeking to know Christ and make Him known
The youth ministry at First Baptist Church on Fifth seeks to equip young people for the lifelong adventure of knowing and following Jesus. Our youth ministry seeks to be a safe place where 6th-12th grade students are:
- reaching - exploring the Christian scriptures and encountering the gospel in relevant ways
- growing - deeper in their faith, becoming more Christ-like
- giving - developing an appreciation for grace and living generously
- serving - participating in God's work in our community and beyond
- connecting - with God, others and world in fun and creative ways
When we meet
Sunday mornings at 9:15 am, middle and highschoolers meet in the Youth Loft for Bible study and snacks.
Wednesday evenings students gather at 6:15 pm in our gym for recreation and fellowship. From 6:45-7:15 pm we gather in the Youth Loft for discussion, devotion and study.
Building community is an important part of our student ministry. We build relationships through gatherings, cookouts, camp, retreats, mission trips, and more.
Our youth attend Passportmissions Camp in Danville, VA. There we worship, participate in exciting camp activities, and serve the local community through hands-on mission projects. For more information, visit passportcamps.org.